Now that I'm back with a computer and not just my handy dandy iphone,
I get to share with you some fun pictures from our camping trip and
some insights about how these Thompson boys travel.
Both boys are great travelers. Their car traveling skills were put to the ultimate test when we got STUCK on the i-17 for over an hour and a half. This was a first for Dave (I've had it happen once before when traveling with my youth group when I was a youngster) and for the boys. Besides having to change Nolan six times over the course of being stuck in the car for SEVEN hours...please ready SEVEN because it was only supposed to be three...he did pretty well.
Vaughn was having a blast playing with his trains. I could hear him making voices for them and inventing stories. Half of the time, it was made up words, but his imagination was fully at play.
Nolan ate and ate a little more. Look at those cheeks. Oh, I just want to squeeze them. Okay, back to what he did. He read some books, he ate, he stole Vaughn's blanket and Cheetah, he sang, looked out the window, and he did not sleep. I couldn't believe he stayed pleasant without a nap.
If this was a precursor to what our flight will be like in August, I think we'll be golden! Only problem is, there won't be huge straps holding Nolan in. We will see, my friends, we will see.
As for the stop on the highway, we decided to get out for a little so the boys didn't get too crazy in the car. When we first stopped, we had no idea it would be over an hour so I am thankful we were able to stretch our legs and have a photo shoot! I'm always up for one of those! My 85mm worked great with the gorgeous mountains and huge long highway road. It's not every day, you get to take pictures on a public highway, or skateboard. I didn't skateboard but there were many boys having a little too much fun. I think I saw many people making friendships too as they walked up and down the road. Dave kept calling it, block party on i-17. On a more serious note, I do hope everyone involved in the car fire was safe as the car and camper were completely burnt to almost nothing.
And on a silly note, Dave strapped Lightening McQueen to the roof of the 4Runner. I totally thought it was going to break but it did great...it even still works despite being rained on for over an hour when we arrived at the campground. Oh ya, so we were stuck driving for six hours, but the seventh hour was because it was pouring when we got there. We survived and it made for great memories!
More camping fun to share with you tomorrow!
*Today, we got to go swimming with Aunt Jammie and the girls. How cute are these two?!
According to Vaughn:
Today, Vaughn ran into my office very excited. He said, "Mommy! I bit that thing off my toe. You know that fingernail? I bit it with my own mouth."
I asked him what he did with his "fingernail" and he proudly told me he swallowed it. I told him that is not a good thing to do and he gave me a face as if he swallowed poison. Then, he started laughing and was extremely proud of himself again.


No comments:
Post a Comment