
Vaughn is getting so big and so cute. I took him to get a new hat because his head is so darn big and he picked out a Cubs hat. Not sure if he recognized the logo from granddad or from his friend Camden (who has the same hat), but either way he looks pretty cute in it.
It was cloudy yet again tonight, so I made him go across the street to snap a few photos - one benefit of being a photographer!
This little dude is three years and eight months.
Things I love about this little dude:
- His witty personality
- How he can be such a sweetheart
- All of his little sayings and idioms
- How he loves to build, take things apart, play by himself building track for hours
- How he tells us he loves us at least 10 times a day
- How he tells me I'm his best friend and the best mommy in the whole world (okay, the "best mommy in the whole world" thing may have come from me a while ago but he says it on his own now! LOL!)
- His very expressive face
- His curiosity

Things that I don't love (I'm not a mean person just real - I obviously LOVE my little dude, but c'mon there are some things that can be frustrating and often they are comical too, but frustrating nonetheless):
- When he gets very defiant and wants to do anything but listen
- The way he runs from me every time we're getting ready to leave somewhere...or runs into a huge parking lot or disappears from where I am
- His sneakiness. Well, the fact that he likes to be sneaky, because he's not so great at it yet
- How he can be a bully to other kids. This one just breaks my heart; but I promise, we work on it every day!
Even though most days I'm exhausted when the day is done, my big little dude just makes my heart so happy. He's such an amazing little guy and is going to change the world some day!
According to Vaughn:
Vaughn is obsessed with finding bugs in the house and naming them. We don't have many, but we have had a few earwigs (I think that's what they are) this summer. We've had RJ, Moonpie, Butternut Squash and some other names I couldn't type because they were made up with a bunch of constants. This morning, Vaughn saw a very tiny ant crawling by the back door.
As I walked by, I stepped on it and killed it. Vaughn got a little upset with me, then looked down at the squished ant and said, "I'm so sorry my mom killed you. Everything will be okay." What a sensitive soul Vaughn has.
Nolan's world:
He is officially TERRIFIED of any toy that talks when you don't push a button or a toy that moves on its own. This morning, his little dog, Fred, was talking and moving causing Nolan to back up into the corner of the living room shaking and crying in fear. He was sad but it was kind of cute and of course, he was super cuddly afterwards!
No comments:
Post a Comment